Fashion style & beauty tips for women over 40

Thursday 22 November 2012

From London with love (I): The arrival


¡¡Buenos días chicas!!

¡Por fin hoy os presento el primer post de mi viaje a Londres! Lo cierto es que he hecho tanta fotos que seleccionarlas me ha resultado muy difícil (y la verdad tampoco quiero hacer posts larguísimos sino se hace pesado!!)

Llegué a Victoria Station sobre las 13:00 y mi hermana me esperaba allí. ¡¡Que alegría verla después de tantos meses!! Fuimos a casa a “descargar”, comer algo… ¡y de paseo!. Me moría por ver las luces de Navidad. Dimos un pequeño paseo por su barrio (West Kensington) y nos dirigimos al centro.  De verdad que si no habéis estado nunca en Londres por Navidad merece la pena chicas. ¡Todo estaba precioso y los escaparates son auténticas obras de arte!.

Como veis en las fotos llevaba un look muy sencillo: tejanos, botas, jersey de lana y super abrigo (¡¡porque el frío sí que era intenso!!). Para entrar en calor decidimos acabar el paseo en La Durée de Covent Garden (en la parte de arriba tiene un salón de té estilo Maria Antonieta que es una monada). Y no, no me gustan los macarons pero sus tés y el chocolate a la taza ¡¡son realmente exquisitos!!

¿Qué os parece esta primera toma de contacto?
En breve más…¡y mejor! ;-)

PD: Siento la cara en algunas fotos pero me había levantado a las 6:00 de la mañana y estaba un poco cansada… ;-)

Good morning ladies!!

Today I finally publish my first post about London!! To be honest I’ve taken so many pictures that it has been difficult for me to select just a few for the blog (I don’t’ want the posts to be extremely long!!)  

I arrived at Victoria Station at 13:00 pm and my sissy (I’ve discovered this new word!!) was waiting there for me. It was great to see her after so many months!! We went home to leave my luggage, ate something… and voilà! out for a walk. I was dying to see the Christmas lights. We wandered a little around my sister’s neighborhood (West Kensington) and then we headed towards the city center. Ladies, if you’ve never been in London for Christmas, you must. Everything looks beautiful and the window shops are real works of art!!

As you can see in the pictures my look was very simple: jeans, biker boots, wool sweater and a super coat (‘cause the cold was really intense!!). To warn up a little we decide to finish our walk at La Durée in Covent Garden (they've got a super cozy Marie Antoinette's style tea room upstairs!). And no I don’t like “macarons” but their teas and “chocolat” are exquisite!!

What do you think about this first impression?
More (and better) pictures coming shortly!! ;-)

PS: Sorry for my face ladies but I woke up at 6:00 in the morning and felt really exhausted… ;-)

 

Isn't she a beauty??

It's a bit shocking but some cemeteries are just in the middle of the city!!




























One of the beautiful London arcades

A giant Rudolph reindeer at the entrance of Covent Garden!!
























Inside Covent Garden we found a marvellous Christmas decoration




I was wearing
Wool Sweater and scarf: Zara (last year)
Denim shirt: Blanco
Jeans: Local shop
Coat: Jean-Charles de Castelbajac
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Pendant: Topshop (borrowed from my sissy!)






Share:

45 comments

  1. You look awesome with this simple outfit and your sister is really pretty!!!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sweater! Nice outfit.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is really beautiful :)
    Your pink shirt is so lovely. Wow ,Christmas decoration is amazing. I wish I could wander there :P

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! What a lovely atmosphere...beautiful :) xx
    La Femme Nouvelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, beautiful London, I miss it so much! Your photos are lovely and it looks like you had a wonderful time.

    NLxx
    www.my-changing-room.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love London. Looks like Christmas already :)
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics!
    xoxo Sienna
    www.fashionintheair.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OSTRAS QUE HERMANA MAS GUAPA!!!

    RUTH A.
    http://www.ruthazofra.es/index.php/el-blog-de-ruth/1943

    ReplyDelete
  9. love you blog. nice post. please visit my blog. xo xo

    follow

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is lovely, I love your header!!

    Please check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me ha encantado este post :) y cada una de las fotos que nos muestras.
    Besos
    notasconestilo.blogspot.com

    ¡hoy new post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me ENCANTA Londres!!!! nada mas que añadir!

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear, your images are so wonderful and festive of the season, love your vibrant pink jersey. Looks like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much fun! It really looks great over there! x
    fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely looks & pics, my dear!!!!!!!!!!!

    xxx

    Tatiana

    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. me ha encantado tu sweater rosa, tu hermana es muy linda se parecen mucho.. que la sigas pasando bien en tu vieje por Londres. tengo u giveaway en mi blog que puede que te guste, te invito a verlo. xoxo
    http://teammode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely post dear *_*
    kisses, Andrea!
    http://ilmiopiccolomondo-88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love. love. love. love. love. laudree.


    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    Danielle Faith Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pics. I love Ladurée. Unfortunately we only have the shop, no salon in Luxembourg. Hope to see more London pics...

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  20. very beautiful coat and sweater!))we love the Ladurée))

    -Alexander and Elena
    www.lifeallen.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. que envidia las fotitos y el look elegido fantástico para pasear por la ciudad!
    un besito

    algopasaconmeryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola preciosa!, pero qué cara dices!!, si estás preciosa!, Me encanta la dulzura que transmites!.. Y tu look ideal y muy apropiado para un día de "pateo" por Londres!.. Qué recuerdos Patricia!, yo he ido mucho a Londres, en mi época de estudiante para el idioma, y después un par de veces de turista, para ver la ciudad, y es que lo adoro!.. Y en esta época del año aun más, ese colorido de los árboles, la decoración navideña.. ainss!!..
    Cómo me ha gustado ese saloncito de té!, me lo apunto para la próxima ocasión!.. Deseando ver siguiente post!.
    Besitos!

    www.marianasite.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi dear! LOve your post with pictures from your arrival in London!
    You have a nice blog and would love you to visit mine and tell me what do you think...

    What do you think about following each other ? It would be very nice to stay in contact!!

    pashionality.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Que guapísima es tu hermana!Covent Garden está precioso en navidades!Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pictures! Everything looks so beautiful and festive! I cant wait to see more!
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Qué fotos tan preciosas, todo ya de Navidad... por cierto, muy guapa con el sweater rosa, es parecido al que saqué yo ayer en el blog! ;)
    Un besitoo
    M.
    http://www.mesvoyagesaparis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love those pics!


    It would mean a lot if you could check out my blog and leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!


    xo
    Deanne

    http://myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful pics! The pink sweater looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love your sweater, so pretty color.

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. too beautiful,check out my new post

    http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. you guys look beautifull!!!!

    such fun pictures and I LOOOOOVE London!!!

    have a fab week!! xoxo Tamara Chloé

    http://tamarachloestyleclues.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  32. que envidia me das!!! debe ser todo super bonito!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. nooo you don't look tired here, U look pretty, wow I'm so jealous about your trip to London..... great photos,
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for sharing these photos! Everything looks so Christmas'y already.
    You both look gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  35. u look so great in all d pictures, love that bag of urs
    Nice blog ! U can check out mine too,and ,If u want we can follow each other on gfc n bloglovin. Let me know.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jealous that you went to London! Great pictures.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous pictures! Everything is so beautiful!

    Deana
    www.TesoriBelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love it!! The pics are perfect and the post is fantastic.
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. que envidia.. todas las fotos de londres son geniales!!

    yo tb quiero ir!!

    te invito a q conozcas mi blog: te espero :)

    http://gostame.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig